Jun 7, 2017
You Dim Sum, You Lose Some.
Liz and Alissa make a whole lotta dim sum and tell you all about
the process and the results! We also introduce you to our dim
sum-themed cocktail, which is refreshing and delicious!
Keywords: Dumplings, lotus leaves, sweet
Themed Drink: You Dim Sum, You Lose
- Brew green tea and chill in the fridge.
- Make ginger lime simple syrup
- Heat 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar, 2 limes worth of zest and a few
inches of peeled ginger in a sauce pan till translucent and all the
sugar has melted.
- Remove from heat and cover for a few hours.
- Strain out the zest and ginger and refrigerate.
- Assemble the drink:
- In a glass with ice, combine one part vodka, three parts green
tea, ginger lime syrup to taste. and top with sparkling water.
Squeeze in a lime and garnish with additional lime.
The Kelly Family's Rumaki Recipe:
- 2 Cans of water chestnuts, cut in half
- 1 lb bacon
- 1/2 Cup of Chili Sauce
- 1/2 Cup of Mayonnaise
- 1 Cup of Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Wrap water chestnuts in bacon and secure each with a
- Bake in a dish for 45 minutes.
- Drain off grease.
- In a small bowl, combine chili sauce, mayo, brown sugar.
- Pour mixture over water chestnuts.
- Bake for 20 minutes longer at 350.
From the Episode:
Dim Sum: The Art of Chinese Tea Lunch by Ellen Leong
Instant Pot electric pressure cooker
Show Must Be Go Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License
Some product links are Amazon